The Crisis in Africa and Who We Serve
Help the people and children of Africa
- 14 million people, half of them children, are at risk of starvation in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Today 3 million children live with AIDS and over 13 million have been orphaned by AIDS, most of them in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Every 30 seconds two children become orphans due to HIV/AIDS.
- Kenya has the FOURTH largest AIDS epidemic in the world. This has resulted in over one million orphans!
- Every year, five million people die from unsafe drinking water and unclean domestic environments.
- Because disease has claimed the lives of so many adults, the majority of those now living in Uganda are children under the age of 15.
- In Uganda, more than 250,000 men, women and children lack enough clean water to sustain them on a daily basis.
- Nearly 700,000 people living in Tanzania do not have enough food to eat and are facing starvation!
- The average life expectancy in East Africa is less than 45 years.
|Bahati - Uzima wa Watoto - Child Rescue Mission|
|Kiamumbi - Maria Immaculata Children's Center|
|Mweiga - Divine Shelter of Love Orphanage|
|Suguta Marmar - Early Marriage Rescue Center and Orphanage|
Sponsoring a child is a most rewarding choice and making donations surely goes a long way helping the children. Donations provide a great way to show your support for the children and contribute immensely to their daily living and well-being. Knowing that your donation helps a child receive an education, have healthy food to eat, receive medical attention, and to live in a proper shelter is such a blessing for these children..